Improving customer experience has been a focus for telcos for almost 20 years, but there is still some way to go. This research looks at how A3 is helping telcos today and how it can address key challenges in future.
The value of A3 in customer experience
This report considers the financial value to a telco of using A3 technologies (analytics, automation and AI) to improve customer experience. It examines the key area which underpins much of this financial value – customer support channels – considering the trends in this area and how the area might change in future, shaping the requirement for A3.
Calculating the value of improving customer experience is complex: it can be difficult to identify the specific action that improved a customer’s perception of their experience, and then to assess the impact of this improvement on their subsequent behaviour.
While it is difficult to draw causal links between telcos’ A3 activities and customer perceptions and behaviours, there are still some clearly measurable financial benefits from these investments. We estimate this value by leveraging our broader analysis of the financial value of A3 in telecoms, and then zooming in on the specific pockets of value which relate to improved customer experience (e.g. churn reduction).
Enter your details below to request an extract of the report
The diagram below illustrates that there are two parts of the customer journey where A3 will add most value to customer experience:
- The performance of the network, services, devices and applications is increasingly dependent on automation and intelligence, with the introduction of 5G and cloud-native operations. Without A3 capabilities it will be difficult to meet quality of service standards, understand customer-affecting issues and turn up new services at speed.
- The contact centre remains one of the largest influencers of customer experience and one of the biggest users of automation, with the digital channels increasing in importance during the pandemic. Understanding the customer and the agent’s needs and providing information about issues the customer is experiencing to both parties are areas where more A3 should be used in future.
Where is the financial benefit of adding A3 within a typical telco customer journey?
Source: STL Partners, Charlotte Patrick Consult
As per this diagram, many of the most valuable uses for A3 are in the contact centre and digital channels. Improvements in customer experience will be tied with trends in both. These priority trends and potential A3 solutions are outlined the following two tables:
• The first shows contact centre priorities,
• The second shows priorities for the digital channels.
Priorities in the contact centre
Priorities in the digital channel
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- The value of A3 in customer experience
- Use of A3 to improve customer experience
- The most important uses of A3 for improving the customer experience
- Complex data
- Human-machine interaction
- AI point solution
- Appendix: Methodology for calculating financial value
- A3 for telcos: Mapping the financial value
- The value of analytics, automation and AI for telcos – Part 1: The telco A3 application map