A3 for telcos: Mapping the financial value
£1,000.00 excl VAT
We consider the potential financial value of adding analytics, AI and automation (A3) into a telco’s processes. Our modelling assesses the value of A3 in more than 150 processes across core network operations, customer care channels, and sales and marketing.
Format: PDF filePages: 27 pages Charts: 14 Author: Charlotte Patrick Publication Date: May 2020
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Where is the largest financial benefit from A3?
- What should telcos prioritise in the short term?
- How long will it take for telcos to realise this value?
- What next?
- Breaking down the value of A3 by operational area
- Network, OSS and BSS
- Fraud management
- Care and commercial channels
- Marketing and sales
- Conclusions and recommendations
Table of Figures
- Figure 1: Financial value of A3 across the telco organisation
- Figure 2: Characteristics of an average telco
- Figure 3: Breakdown of the average annual financial value of A3 by business area
- Figure 4: A3 in telcos financial modelling methodology
- Figure 5: When and how telcos capture the value of A3 varies depending on the type of use case
- Figure 6: Breakdown of the annual value of A3 in network, OSS and BSS
- Figure 7: Annual value of A3 in resource management, network deployment and testing and incident management, US$ millions
- Figure 8: Huawei use of AI to reduce energy consumption
- Figure 9: EXFO topology management
- Figure 10: Detailed breakdown of value of A3 in service assurance, US$ millions
- Figure 11: Annual value of A3 in fraud prevention, US$ millions
- Figure 12: Annual value of A3 in care and digital commerce channels, US$ millions
- Figure 13: Annual value of A3 in marketing and sales, US$ millions
- Figure 14: Expected relative value from A3 across the telco
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: AI, analytics, automation, chatbots, customer care, financial model, Forecast, fraud, Machine Learning, marketing, nfv, NFV lifecycle management, predictive maintenance, sales, unassisted care, Use cases