STL Partners' forecasts less than 1% annual growth for global telecom revenue from fixed and mobile services for 2019-2022. Our telecoms revenue forecast covers eight regions and 94 countries, and includes over 200 charts and a detailed spreadsheet.
STL Partners’ telecoms revenue forecast is for less than 1% per annum global telecoms services revenue growth for the period 2019-2022.
NB If you don’t subscribe to our research yet, you can download a snapshot of telco revenues v GDP growth as part of our sample report series.
For fixed and mobile combined, of the ten largest markets, China will grow most at 3.7% pa, and India least at -1.6%.
Regionally, Africa will show the strongest growth (4.8% mobile, 3.6% fixed), while western Europe’s mobile market will shrink most (-1.3%) and the North American fixed market will stay flat at 0% growth.
Telecoms revenue forecasts included
- Fixed and mobile services revenues
- Forecast period: 2019-2022
- Eight regional forecasts: Africa, Middle East, Asia & Pacific, Eastern Europe, Latin America & Caribbean, US & Canada, Western Europe
- 94 individual country forecasts: Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian Territory, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Zimbabwe.
- Reported services revenues by companies from 94 countries have been converted to US Dollar figures based on year end exchange rates:
- As such, historical growth is affected by foreign exchange movements
- Handset and equipment sales are excluded
- Forecasts are created from historical trends plus adjustments for known market or economic changes
- No foreign exchange fluctuations are factored into forecasts so forward growth rates are ‘smoother’ than historical ones
- Regions and global figures are calculated by aggregating country data
- At around $1.4 trillion, we estimate this represents 85+% of global telco service revenues and is a good indicator of the overall industry
- 98 pages
- 200+ charts
- Detailed spreadsheet
Specimen chart of country detail for fixed and mobile services
If you want to talk to us in more detail about any of the numbers in the telecoms revenue forecast, reach us through your account director or please fill out our contact form.