Transformation: Are telcos investing enough?
£1,000.00 excl VAT
Our latest adjacent market case study analyses Axel Springer’s successful 10 year digital transformation from print to online publisher, and holds many lessons for telcos, not least of which are the pitfalls of under commitment, and the required level of investment in M&A.
Format: PDF filePages: 32 pages Charts: 10 Author: Peter Boyland Publication Date: May 2017
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Axel Springer’s transformation success – a summary of key lessons
- Axel Springer in STL Partners case study transformation index
- Why are we doing non-telco case studies?
- Axel Springer – background to transformation
- What was Axel Springer’s business model pre-transformation?
- Drivers of change – how the market developed and Axel Springer’s reaction
- Axel Springer in STL Partners transformation index
- Appendix 1: Axel Springer – company timeline
- Appendix 2: Axel Springer – recent acquisitions
- Appendix 3: Axel Springer – recent investments
Table of Figure
- Figure 1: Total global internet users
- Figure 2: Traditional publishing company business model
- Figure 3: Post-digital publishing company business model
- Figure 4: Axel Springer total revenues 2003-2016
- Figure 5: Axel Springer total EBITDA and EBITDA margin 2003-2016
- Figure 6: The development of news and media consumption
- Figure 7: Axel Springer 2016 revenues by sector (€ million)
- Figure 8: Axel Springer percentage of revenues from digital streams
- Figure 9: Axel Springer revenues by sector 2012-2016
- Figure 10: Axel Springer investment in acquisitions 2012-H1 2016 in comparison to selected telcos
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: acquisition, ARPU, brand, business models, case study, Culture, customer, digital transformation, Disruption, Investment, M&A, Platform, publishing, Revenue, social media, transformation