NFV Deployment Tracker: Europe (September 2017)
£1,000.00 excl VAT
STL Partners has compiled a new quarterly-updated tracker service of commercial deployments of NFV and SDN by leading telcos worldwide, providing an Excel database accompanied by an analytical report. The first update, devoted to Europe, found operators and vendors focusing on core network virtualisation and SDN/SD-WAN have so far led the way, as timelines on more systematic transformation programmes have been extended.
Note: that the Excel dataset is not included with this product. To purchase access to this dataset get in touch at email@example.com
Format: PDF filePages: 17 pages Charts: 06 Author: David Martin Publication Date: September 2017
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary: NFV still on the roadmap, but horizons of deployment stretch out
- Welcome to the NFV Deployment Tracker
- Scope and importance of the Tracker
- European data: Steady but unspectacular growth in deployments
- Conclusion: NFV still squarely on the roadmap, but navigating the landscape is taking longer than scheduled
- Welcome to The NFV Deployment Tracker!
- Scope of information provided by the Tracker
- What counts as a deployment?
- Why is this information important?
- Analysis of the initial European data set
- Overall data and trends
- Winners, losers and low-hanging fruit
- Vendor trends
- Operator trends
- NFV is still very much on the roadmap, but the horizon of deployment is stretching out further than anticipated
Table of Figures
- Figure 1: Definition of main abbreviations used in this report
- Figure 2: Total NFV and SDN deployments in Europe, 2009 to 2017
- Figure 3: Deployments from 2009 to 2017 broken down by higher-level categories
- Figure 4: Deployments by leading network function and infrastructure category, 2014 to 2017
- Figure 5: Number of deployments by lead vendor
- Figure 6: Leading operators in terms of number of deployments
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: Cloud, core, CPE, edge, Europe, IMS, IT, Networks, nfv, SD-WAN, SDN, telco strategy, vendors, Virtualisation