MWC 2016: The Cloud/NFV Transformation Needle Moves
£1,000.00 excl VAT
What was hot at MWC? We round up the action around cloud, SDN, and NFV – and discuss the impact of open-source.
Format: PDF filePages: 09 pages Charts: 03 Author: Alexander Harrowell Publication Date: March 2016
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Enter the open-source software leaders: IT takes telco cloud seriously
- And (some) telcos get serious about software
- Open-source development is influencing the standards process
- The cloud is the network is the cloud
- Nokia and Intel: ever closer union?
Table of Figures
- Figure 1: The contributor ecosystem for OpenStack (% of commits, bug fixes, and reviews by company and module)
- Figure 2: Mirantis contributes more to OpenStack networking than Red Hat or Cisco (% of commits, bug fixes, and reviews by company, for networking module)
- Figure 3: Mirantis (and therefore AT&T) drive the key Fuel project forwards
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: 2016, AT&T, Cloud, mwc, Networks, nfv, open source, OpenStack, Virtualisation