Webinar: Telco-hyperscaler partnerships: where are we in building the edge and what role do telcos play?
Our forecasts estimate that the overall edge computing opportunity will exceed US$500 billion by 2030 globally. However, we find ourselves in a chicken and egg situation. In order to realise that opportunity, developers need to see sufficient edge capacity to build applications that leverage this. On the other side, operators are waiting for demand to build their network edges because the market is nascent.
Telco-hyperscaler partnerships have therefore been a key area of focus in the last few years given the hyperscalers continue to play a key role in building the network edge. However, the network edge is a key battleground and telco operators have to navigate a conundrum.
In this webinar, we discuss:
- What is the role of hyperscale cloud providers in telecoms?
- Why are telcos and hyperscalers looking to partner?
- What types of partnerships are out there and what do they mean for the telco?
- What are the implications of the different partnership models on telcos’ ability to innovate?
- How can telcos mitigate the potential risks or threat of the hyperscalers?