About the Telecoms Net Zero Enablement Use Case Directory
This telecoms net-zero enablement use case directory highlights a selection of sustainability use cases that telcos could offer to their customers to enable them to reach net zero. Each use case has one or more related case studies of companies (including, but not limited to, telcos) which highlight examples of the use case in practice.
It supports telcos and their partners to:
- Accelerate sustainability strategy through exploring a range of real world case studies that are driving solutions across different industries and for consumers.
- Drive alignment within the organisation on the proposition and requirements of use cases.
- Highlight the monetisation opportunities and roles that need to be filled in order to deliver a sustainability solution.
Our list of use cases and case studies provide detailed insights and analysis
Each use case features the following:
- How it works
- How the use case enables net zero
- Potential ecosystem partners
- The telco business benefit (e.g. connectivity revenue, access to green finance)
- The telco capabilities involved in the use case (e.g. 4G, 5G, edge, systems integration)
- Whether the use case has a direct impact (clearly articulated link to sustainability in proposition) or an indirect impact (sustainability is currently a by-product)
- The applicable business model (e.g. B2B, B2C, B2B2X)
Each case study highlights:
- A specific example of a telco or other company offering a sustainability use case
- An overview of how the case study works
- STL Partners’ SWOT analysis
- Key solution partners
- Indication of solution maturity
- Traditional business model vs sustainability opportunity
Sample sustainability use case
Sample sustainability case study
The use case directory builds on STL’s ongoing sustainability research
See our previous research, consulting, webinars and participation in industry forums:
- The Telco Sustainability Manifesto
- How to embed sustainability across a telco
- Sustainability: Why it’s good for business
- Telco roadmap to net-zero carbon emissions: Why, when and how
- Curtailing carbon emissions – Can 5G help?
- Telcos should not count on an easy ride from green finance
- Where are SPs in their roadmap to net-zero?
- Pitfalls of emissions enablement
- Telco journey in reducing carbon emissions