Case study overview
STL Partners works closely with clients to identify and evaluate potential growth opportunities that ‘move the needle’. We conduct detailed market analysis and landscaping to better understand their specific needs, market trends and dynamics as well as the ecosystem structure. This includes primary research with key players in the ecosystem, including end customers, to derive first-hand insights.
Through an extensive interview programme with enterprises and key ICT solution providers across target industries, we helped a global software provider to:
- Assess the market opportunity for edge computing and key trends within different industries, primarily in manufacturing and extractives (oil, gas and mining);
- Identify the needs for edge computing solutions and the driving forces behind them;
- Evaluate how different players within the ecosystem are currently addressing these needs.
Consulting services overview
Get in touch to find out how we can help you:
- Analyse market trends and dynamics
- Conduct market sizing and forecasting
- Prioritise initiatives for new growth
Assessing the market opportunity for edge
In order to understand the context for edge computing, STL Partners conducted research on the business challenges and trends in cloud and ICT within the target industries, which included:
- Key strategic challenges;
- Trends in, and attitudes towards, cloud and traditional on-premise computing;
- Level of maturity in edge adoption;
- Barriers hindering the wider adoption of edge.
Identifying key industry needs for edge
Our research also focused on understanding the significance of edge computing in enabling digital transformation and the extent to which different industries are currently exploring edge computing.
- Business drivers for edge computing adoption;
- Key use cases within each industry;
- Value of edge computing in enabling these key use cases.
Evaluating the wider edge ecosystem and deployment approach
To understand the potential opportunities and role for our client, our interviews and research enabled us to provide valuable insights into the:
- Decision-making process for deploying edge solutions;
- Types of solutions and services where enterprises are seeking partner support;
- What factors enterprises consider when evaluating potential partners;
- Dynamics within the current edge ecosystem, including key players and their current roles.