|Summary: 150 senior execs from Vodafone, Telefonica, Etisalat, Ooredoo (formerly Qtel), Axiata and Singtel supported our technology survey for the Telco 2.0 Transformation Index. This analysis of the results includes findings on prioritisation, alignment, accountability, speed of change, skills, partners, projects and approaches to transformation. It shows that there are common issues around urgency, accountability and skills, and interesting differences in priorities and overall approach to technology as an enabler of transformation. (November 2013, Executive Briefing Service, Transformation Stream.)|
Below are a brief extract and detailed contents from a 29 page Telco 2.0 Briefing Report that can be downloaded in full in Powerpoint slideshow format by members of the Premium Telco 2.0 Executive Briefing service and the Telco 2.0 Transformation stream here.
This report is an extract from the overall analysis for the Telco 2.0 Transformation Index, a new service from Telco 2.0 Research. Non-members can find out more about subscribing to the Briefing Service here and the Transformation Index here. There will be a world first preview of the Telco 2.0 Transformation Index at our Digital Arabia Executive Brainstorm in Dubai on 11-13th November 2013. To find out more about any of these services please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 207 247 5003.
To share this article easily, please click:
Details of the objectives and key benefits of the overall Telco 2.0 Transformation Index can be found here, and the methodology and approach here. There’s also an example of Telefonica’s market position here.
One component of our analysis has been a survey of 150 senior execs on the reality of developing and implementing technology strategy in their organisations, and the results are now available to download to members of the Telco 2.0 Executive Briefing Service.
- The report’s highly graphical and interactive Powerpoint show format makes it extremely easy to digest and reach valuable insights quickly
- The structure of the analysis allows the reader to rapidly and concisely assimilate the complex similarities and differences between players
- It is underpinned with detailed and sourced numerical and qualitative data
Example charts from the report
The report analyses similarities and differences in priorities across the six players.
It also assesses the skills profiles of the players against different strategic areas.
To access the contents of the report, including…
- Introduction and Methodology
- Background – the Telco 2.0 Transformation Index
- Executive Summary
- Survey respondents
- Drivers of network and IT projects
- Degree of challenge of ‘Transformation’ by operator
- Priority areas for Transformation by operator
- What are the preferred project approaches for transformation?
- Alignment of techology and commercial priorities
- Accountability for leveraging and generating value from technology projects
- IT Skills – ‘Telco 1.0’ Vs ‘Telco 2.0’
- Nature of strategic partnerships by operator
- Technology project life-cycles by operator
- Groupings by attitude to technology as a driver of success
- Priority areas for technological improvement or transformation
…Members of the Telco 2.0 Executive Briefing Subscription Service and the Telco 2.0 Transformation stream can download the full 29 page report in interactive Powerpoint slideshow format here. Non-Members, please subscribe here. For other enquiries, please email email@example.com / call +44 (0) 207 247 5003.