Introducing STL Partners’ edge computing market sizing forecast
This report presents the key findings of STL Partners’ new demand forecast model for edge computing services. Its purpose is to:
- Assess the demand from 20 use cases which currently rely on edge or will require edge to fully develop;
- Identify the total revenue across the value chain: hardware, connectivity, application, edge infrastructure (network and on-premise), and integration and support;
- Output a full set of results for over 180 countries over the 2020–2030 period per use case and per vertical.
This report is accompanied by a dashboard which presents a summary of our model output and the associated graphics for the world’s regions and for 20 major markets. The dashboard also presents the full revenue output for the 180+ countries.
Enter your details below to request an extract of the report
Edge computing addressable revenue will reach US$543 billion by 2030
High-level findings from the model indicate that:
- The growth in the number of connected devices, as well as the need for higher levels of automation, operational efficiency and cost reduction, will drive the adoption of edge computing across many use cases and verticals over the next 10 years. This will result in increased spend across the value chain.
- The total edge computing addressable market will grow from US$10 billion in 2020 to US$543 billion in 2030 at a CAGR of 49% over the 10-year period.
- The total value chain breaks into five main components which are hardware, connectivity, application, integration & support, in addition to the edge infrastructure which includes both on-prem edge and network edge.
Total edge computing addressable revenue
Source: STL Partners
Table of contents
- Executive Summary
- Revenue by value chain component
- Revenue by use case
- Revenue by vertical
- Revenue by region
For more information on STL Partners’ edge-related services, please go to our Edge Insights Service page.
The new forecast is intended to complement: