|Summary: This extract from the Telco 2.0 Transformation Index shows our analysis of Telefonica’s markets and market position, including economic and digital market maturity, regulation, customers, competition and pricing. It is one part of our overall analysis of Telefonica’s progress towards transformation to the Telco 2.0 business model. The other parts of the Telefonica analysis are: Service Proposition, Finances, Technology, Value Network, and an overall summary. Telefonica is one of the companies analysed and compared in the first tranche of analysis that also addresses Vodafone, AT&T, Verizon, Axiata, SingTel, Etisalat and Ooredoo (formerly Qtel). (August 2013, Executive Briefing Service, Transformation Stream.)|
Details of the objectives and key benefits of the overall Telco 2.0 Transformation Index can be found here, and the methodology and approach here.
Telefonica is one of the first companies featured in our Transformation Index, and one that is viewed with great interest by others. With operating companies facing very different conditions in Europe and South America, Telefonica faces some interesting strategic challenges, and has attempted to stimulate growth through innovation with the development of Telefonica Digital.
The ‘Markets and Position’ section of the analysis puts Telefonica’s current global position, risks and opportunities in context, and is now available to download to members of the Telco 2.0 Executive Briefing Service. The rest of the analysis (covering Service Proposition, Value Network, Technology and Finances), and the analyses of the other seven companies initially covered (Vodafone, AT&T, Verizon, Etisalat, Ooredoo [formerly Qtel], Singtel and Axiata) will be published from September 2013.
- The report’s highly graphical format makes it extremely easy to digest and reach valuable insights quickly into both Telefonica’s current position and future strategic needs
- The structure of the analysis allows the reader to rapidly and concisely assimilate the complex picture of Telefonica’s international businesses, risks and opportunities
- It is underpinned with detailed and sourced numerical and qualitative data
Example charts from the report
The report analyses Telefonica’s market share position across markets against their regulatory strength.
It also assesses the economic and demographic make-up of Telefonica’s markets.
The market analyses are consolidated into an overall summary of market positioning by Operating Company, which is further refined into an assessment of strategic approach and operational performance.
To access the contents of the report, including…
- Introduction and Methodology
- Market Position Summary: Economic, Regulatory, Competitive and Customers
- Summary analysis of growth, GDP, prices and economics of key markets
- Comparison and contrasts between European and Latin American markets
- Regulation vs EBITDA margins
- Mobile revenue growth by market
- Subscribers and revenues by region
- Mari-Meko of Subscribers and Shares in key markets
- Market Share Vs. Regulation
- Market Vs. Telefonica Growth by national market
- Telefonica’s commercial strategy
- Strength of OTT entrants in Telefonica’s markets
- Pre-Pay, Post-Pay and Churn by Market
- Telefonica’s relative brand strength