Private networks are enabling innovation across a range of verticals. As enterprises become increasingly aware of the opportunity, demand for private networks is growing.
In our series of playbooks, we address a different vertical each time, focusing on the key factors involved in private network deployments in that specific vertical.
Last update: January 2024
Having published our first two playbooks on ports and manufacturing, our third edition focuses on logistics. Each playbook provides a detailed look at the key aspects of an industry to allow telecom operators and technology vendors to understand their target markets and position their services accordingly.
For each vertical, we provide recommendations on how best to support deployments by answering questions such as:
- Who are the key stakeholders driving business transformation?
- What are the top business priorities for the vertical, based on their environment, e.g.
- Greenfield or brownfield deployment
- Size of customer site
- Level of digitalisation
- Access to funding
- How do private LTE/5G and network slicing compare with other technology options in addressing these priorities?
- Profiles of the most relevant private LTE/5G use cases
- Case studies of private network deployments in the specific vertical
We will be regularly releasing new playbooks on specific vertical. Upcoming verticals include stadiums, utilities and mines.