Private networks enable the digitalisation and automation that is becoming essential to port operations. This playbook is a deep-dive into private network deployments in ports.
This is the first in our series of proposition playbooks. We will address a different vertical each time, focusing in detail on the key factors involved in private network deployments in that specific vertical.
The playbook aims to help those looking to deploy private networks in ports; giving them insight into the port ecosystem and demystify the deployment challenges. It provides a detailed look at the key aspects of the industry to allow both telecom operators and technology vendors to understand their target markets and position their services accordingly.
Overview of the ports private network playbook
We provide recommendations on how best to support deployments in ports by answering these key questions:
- Overview of the ports industry
- Who are the key stakeholders driving business transformation?
- What are the top business priorities for ports, based on their environment, e.g.
- Greenfield or brownfield deployment
- Level of digitalisation
- Access to funding
- How does private LTE/5G and network slicing compare with other technology options in addressing these priorities?
- Profiles of most relevant private LTE/5G use cases
- Case studies of private network deployments in ports
Overview of digitalisation in ports
Source: STL Partners
Enterprises are becoming increasingly aware of the benefits of private networks, and as our Private Networks Global Insights Tool demonstrates, demand is growing across a range of verticals. We will be releasing a new proposition playbook addressing a specific vertical on a quarterly basis.