Building applications in a 5G era: Introducing AWS Wavelength
With emerging technologies such as 5G driving buzz, software developers expect to deliver more dynamic experiences to their customers. However, many of these new applications require capabilities, e.g. ultra-low latency, which can’t be delivered with 5G and cloud alone.
Enter edge cloud: developers can benefit from both the cloud’s flexibility and the reliability of local processing. AWS (Wavelength) is working with developers to enable new solutions in augmented reality & virtual reality, industry 4.0, digital health, amongst others.
Key topics discussed in the webinar:
- What is edge cloud and what is the relationship with 5G?
- Why should ISVs and enterprises care? Which use cases are seeing most traction and in which industries?
- What are the business benefits of adopting edge cloud?
- What is AWS Wavelength and how does it work for developers and mobile operators?
- What’s the opportunity for mobile operators?
You’ll need to submit your name and email to access the recording
See our other forthcoming webinars or catch up on any you’ve missed
Presenters & Panellists
Partner & Consulting Director
Edge Computing Practice Lead
Head of Product Marketing, AWS Wavelength
Co-Founder & CTO
Recent edge computing research to complement the webinar
Telco edge computing: What’s the operator strategy?
Edge computing is a strategic opportunity for telcos. We examine the driving needs and applications for telco edge computing, describe the market and the options for telcos, discuss their partnerships with hyperscalers and recommend key actions.