Combining private 5G and edge computing: The revenue opportunity
As edge and 5G investments accelerate, operators search for the business case for these new technologies. In this report, we highlight the enterprise opportunity for operators in combining private 5G and edge, to deliver innovative and holistic solutions to enterprise customers.
- Identifying the opportunity: proven demand for private 5G and edge computing:
- Demand for edge computing and 5G private networks: addressing industry pain points
- MEC in a box: driving simplicity and performance:
- TCO comparison: MEC in a box to reduce costs for enterprises
- Access technology: why use private 5G?
- Taking the solution to market: a revenue opportunity for operators:
- Next steps for operators to capitalise on this opportunity
- Methodology: prioritising use cases
- Methodology: cost of ownership model
- Methodology: revenue model
Figure 1: The enterprise proposition for private 5G networks is compelling
Read more about edge computing
Telco edge computing: What’s the operator strategy?
Edge computing is a strategic opportunity for telcos. We examine the driving needs and applications for telco edge computing, describe the market and the options for telcos, discuss their partnerships with hyperscalers and recommend key actions.
Telco edge computing: How to partner with hyperscalers
Both telcos and hyperscalers want to capture the value at the edge, but they need to work together to deliver of edge computing solutions and generate demand among customers. How can operators collaborate with hyperscalers while strengthening their role beyond connectivity?