Strategy consulting internships at STL Partners
Looking for a paid internship in strategy consulting? We run a paid, intern programme for recent or soon-to-be graduates, lasting for 2-3 months, in our strategy consulting team.
We are currently running an application series closing in Oct 2020.
About STL Partners
We’re a rapidly growing, boutique consulting and research firm. As specialists in the telecoms-media-technology (TMT) sector, we help our clients with digital and service innovation in a very competitive market.
Our customers include international blue-chips such as Vodafone, Huawei, Intel and Nokia and smaller, niche vendors. From start-ups to heritage brands we deliver projects that affect their bottom line. They’re demanding and have confidence in our expertise because of what we’ve delivered, with the help of interns, for them already.
We operate a very flat structure so we ask each other for help, offer advice and share insight.
About the internship
If you’re looking for a gentle induction, days of Powerpoint presentations explaining strategy models and company processes, then we’re probably not for you. If you want to experience life as a strategy consultant and understand what it’s like to work with clients, backed up by theory and analysis, then we can support you to do this.
Our team is highly experienced and driven, and our directors are industry experts, so you’ll be learning alongside people who know what it’s like to start out in this competitive field and build a name for yourself.
You’ll be on real projects and help produce valuable work. You’ll contribute right from the start.
What to expect day to day
You’ll be assigned a mentor from our senior consulting team. At the start of your internship, you’ll review your goals and what you hope to achieve during the programme with them.
- gathering and analysing data
- putting together client pitches
- developing presentations and client deliverables
- researching industry trends
- investigating and appraising data sources
- interacting with clients.
We’re all on the same side and your success makes a difference to our projects. Our goal is to offer support when needed and independence when you feel comfortable.
We pay above the London living wage. In 2020, our intern pay rate was £425 per week (gross). Interns are paid direct to their bank account on the last working day of the month.
If you show us the right skill set through your internship, we’ll consider you for permanent opportunities with STL that are immediately available or become available. Previous interns have gone on to permanent roles at Bloomberg, Frontier Economics, Accenture and the Civil Service.
Where you’ll work
Our open plan office is in an office hub filled with new and growing companies. There’s a café and breakout area in the building and we’re close to many pubs, bars and cafes and next to a small park. We’re a short walk from Highbury & Islington Tube on the Victoria Line and London Overground.
We think a diverse workplace improves our ability to deliver for our clients and makes us an interesting, energetic and respectful place to work. Our multinational, multilingual team already has an equal gender split across the organisation. If you have questions about our diversity policy, please get in touch.
We’re looking for smart people who will impress our clients with their curiosity, confidence and analysis.
- Graduate (or about to graduate) from top-tier university, on track or awarded minimum 2:1, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 A’s at A-level, or equivalent
- An interest in strategy consulting or research, and technology – work experience in this field is a bonus
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Strong motivation to operate and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
If extraordinary circumstance, such as illness, affected your ability to meet the requirements above but you think you’re right for our internship, please do reach out to us to explain these circumstances.
The interview process
Competition for the best interns is intense, we want to keep you interested and motivated, so there are three steps to joining successfully:
- You email us your CV and covering letter and we aim to review it within two weeks.
- We have a short call to find out a bit more about you and talk about the role.
- You’ll come for a three-stage interview – usually this would be held at our offices but, owing to the pandemic, these will be virtual:
• give a short presentation, around 10mins, on a topic of your choice
• talk through a review of a case study
• have an interview to look at your CV.
We’ll send you fuller information before the interview so you can prepare and feel confident.
How to apply
If you meet the requirements above, email your CV and a cover letter (no more than one side of A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your preferred start date and availability for the internship as well as whether you are seeking full time employment after the internship.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The deadline for the current round is 6th October 2020.