Telcos’ Last Chance in Cloud? New $18bn Sovereign Cloud Opportunity
£1,000.00 excl VAT
If telcos in certain markets act swiftly, there is a major new and addressable opportunity in cloud created by profound recent changes in data sovereignty and security requirements. We outline the market opportunities, specific customer needs, and market sizing in our latest research.
Format: PDF filePages: 36 pages Charts: 20 Author: Anthony Dornan, Philip Laidler Publication Date: June 2016December 2015
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- The Return of Telco Cloud…
- Understanding Data Sovereignty
- Which Sectors Have the Strongest Sovereignty Requirements?
- A Range of (Cloud) Solutions can Address Sovereignty Needs
- 75% of Interviewees were Interested in Sovereign Cloud Solutions
- Where is Data Sovereignty Important?
- How could this Evolve?
- Market Sizing: Sovereign Cloud could be Worth between $7-18bn in 2020
- Why Telcos are Well Positioned to Address the ‘Sovereign’ Opportunity
Table of Figure
- Figure 1: A shift in the cloud delivery model may be occurring
- Figure 2: Sovereign cloud has the potential to represent over X% of the cloud infrastructure marketplace
- Figure 3: Cloud IT infrastructure is rapidly gaining on traditional IT infrastructure
- Figure 4: Shifting the balance in favour of more localised infrastructure
- Figure 5: How much data does Facebook store about you?
- Figure 6: STL Industry Research Programme – Breakdown of interviewees
- Figure 7: The significant majority of interviewees have encountered sovereignty requirements
- Figure 8: More-regulated sectors are more likely to encounter restrictions
- Figure 9: Infrastructure Deployment Models
- Figure 10: The applicability of cloud deployment models to meet sovereignty requirements
- Figure 11: The majority of Interviewees saw demand for sovereign cloud
- Figure 12: More strictly regulated sectors are more interested in sovereign cloud solutions
- Figure 13: Indicative map of data sovereignty requirements across the globe
- Figure 14: Overview of data sovereignty requirements across regions
- Figure 15: The rise of IoT could lead to increased demand for sovereign cloud
- Figure 16: Sovereign cloud could be worth between $7-18bn in 2020
- Figure 17: North America represents the biggest market for sovereign cloud
- Figure 18: Sovereign cloud in the Middle East & Africa potentially represents the greatest proportion of cloud infrastructure spending
- Figure 19: Government represents the largest market for sovereign cloud for existing services and Healthcare for sovereign cloud incl. IoT services
- Figure 20: Healthcare is the largest sector for sovereign cloud as a percentage of spend on IT infrastructure
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: Cloud, demand, enterprise, Forecast, IaaS, ict, infrastructure, national, regional, sector, services, sovereignty