Telco roadmap to net-zero carbon emissions: Why, when and how
£1,000.00 excl VAT
Based on discussions with 40 service providers (SPs) this report explores the challenges, priorities, strategies and best practices they identified around reducing carbon emissions.
Format: PDF filePages: 23 pages Charts: 10 Author: Tilly Gilbert Publication Date: September 2021
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Table of Figures
- What do we mean by scope 1, 2 and 3?
- Where are SPs in their sustainability journey?
- How does this differ by region?
- What’s covered in the rest of the report?
- Procurement and sustainable supply chain
- Scope 1, 2 and 3: Where are procurement teams focused
- Current priorities
- Regional nuances
- Best and next practices
- IT and facilities
- Enterprise products and services
- Key recommendations and conclusion
Table of Figures
- Figure 1: SPs have committed to net-zero but within different time frames
- Figure 2: Key recommendations by stakeholder
- Figure 3: This report is informed by interviews from SPs globally
- Figure 4: SPs divide their carbon emissions into scope 1, 2 and 3 – scope 3 is by far the most significant
- Figure 5: As SPs succeed in reducing their scope 1 and 2 emissions, scope 3 becomes the major focus
- Figure 6: Some of the leading SPs have significantly reduced carbon emissions over the last 5 years – but they are not yet close to net-zero
- Figure 7: Data capture and the circular economy were identified as key challenges
- Figure 8: The largest SPs globally have all committed to net-zero carbon emissions – but will deliver in different timeframes
- Figure 9: Regional differences between SPs often stem from variable market influences towards reduction of greenhouse gases
- Figure 10: The report covers sustainability from the perspective of key stakeholders
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: BT, carbon emission, carbon footprint, CSR, greenhouse gas emissions, KPN, net zero, network, StarHub, Strategies, sustainability, telcos, TELUS, transformation