Telco 2.0: Making Money from Location Insights
£1,000.00 excl VAT
The provision of Location Insight Services (LIS) represents a significant opportunity for Telcos to monetise subscriber data assets. This report examines the findings of a survey conducted amongst representatives of key stakeholders within the emerging ecosystem, supplemented by STL Partners’ research and analysis with the objective of determining how operators can release the value from their unique position in the location value chain. (August 2013, Foundation 2.0, Executive Briefing Service, Dealing with Disruption Stream.) Making Money from Location Insights
Format: PDF filePages: 45 pages Charts: 13 Author: Tim Davis Publication Date: August 2013
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Location data – untapped oil
- Location Insight Services is a fast growing, high value opportunity
- Scoping the LIS opportunity by industry and function
- Location Insight Services could be worth $11bn globally by 2016
- Which use cases will drive uptake of LIS?
- Use cases – industry-specific illustrations
- How should Telcos “productise” location insights services?
- Operators are uniquely placed to deliver location insights and secure a significant share of this opportunity
- What is the operator LIS value proposition?
- Location insight represents a Big Data challenge for Telcos.
- There is a demand for more granular location data
- Increasing precision commands a premium
- Meeting LIS requirements – options for operators
- What steps should operators take?
- Methodology and reference sources
- Appendix 1 – Opportunity Sizing
Table of Figures
- Figure 1: Focus of this study is on Location Insight Services
- Figure 2: Location is seen as the most valuable information for developing marketing strategy
- Figure 3: Location Insight Market Overview (telecoms excluded)
- Figure 4: The value of Global Location Insight Services by industry and sector (by 2016)
- Figure 5: How UK retail businesses use location based insights
- Figure 6: Illustrative use cases within the Location Insights taxonomy
- Figure 7: How can Telcos create value from customer data?
- Figure 8: Key considerations for Telco LIS service strategy formulation
- Figure 9: Real time service vs. Insight
- Figure 10: The local link in global digital markets
- Figure 11: Customer Data generated by Telcos
- Figure 12: Power of insight from combining three key domains
- Figure 13: Meeting LIS Requirements – Options for Operators
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: 2, Advertising, analysis, Arieso, benchmark, big data, data, Disruption, Insight, JDSU, LBS, LIS, Location, location based services, Location Insight Services, mobile, monetise, operator, person-centric, place-centric, promotion, real time, research, stl partners, Telco, Telecoms, Value chain