Sustainability: Why it’s good for business
£3,000.00 excl VAT
Telcos should embrace sustainability not just as a PR goal, but as a new heart to their purpose and strategy in the Coordination Age. By doing so they can unite and motivate employees, customers, investors and partners, and reignite growth and innovation.
Format: PDF filePages: 28 pages Charts: 8 Author: Alice Wood Publication Date: September 2021
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Key findings from research
- Next steps for research
- Scope of research
- Sustainability is a cornerstone of the Coordination Age
- The motivating value of a compelling purpose
- Defining and contextualising sustainability
- ‘Corporate social responsibility’ vs. ‘sustainability’
- The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Where are telcos focusing their efforts?
- What are the business benefits of sustainability?
- Employee benefits
- Customers and government
- Shareholder benefits
- Challenges of sustainability
- To what degree are telcos taking a holistic approach to CSR and sustainability?
Table of Figures
- Figure 1: The three components of sustainability
- Figure 2: The three ages of telecoms
- Figure 3: How a unifying purpose helps create value
- Figure 4: The 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Figure 5: SDG focus for telcos interviewed
- Figure 6: The four main business stakeholders
- Figure 7: Globe’s Sustainable Engagement Index Scores
- Figure 8: Orange Money revenue and customers
Keywords: business benefit, Coordination age, corporate social responsibility, CSR, customers, development, digital inclusion, economic, employees, environmental, ESG, governments, SDGs, shareholders, Social, sustainability