Personal data: Treasure or trash?
£1,000.00 excl VAT
Telefónica’s systematic and sustained push into personal data management holds valuable lessons for other telcos about building trust and credibility. The report also covers personal cloud / data plays by NTT DOCOMO and financial services company Mint.
Format: PDF filePages: 40 pages Charts: 13 Author: David Pringle Publication Date: September 2018
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Recommendations for telcos
- In pursuit of personal cloud services
- Telefonica’s personal data strategy
- Questioning the status quo
- Backing blockchains
- What is Telefónica actually doing?
- The Aura personal assistant
- Telefonica’s external bets
- Investment in Wibson
- Partnership with People.io
- The Data Transparency Lab
- Will Telefónica see financial benefits?
- What can Telefónica learn from DOCOMO?
- DOCOMO’s Evolving Strategy
- Mint – a model for a telco personal data play?
Table of Figures
- Figure 1: Telefónica’s tally of active users of the major apps
- Figure 2: Telefónica’s view of digital market openness in Brazil
- Figure 3: Investors’ valuation of Internet platforms implies long-term dominance
- Figure 4: Key metrics for Telefónica’s four platforms
- Figure 5: How Wibson intends to allow individuals to trade their data
- Figure 6: Telefónica’s digital services business is growing steadily
- Figure 7: Telefónica’s pay TV business continues to expand
- Figure 8: DOCOMO’s Smart Life division has struggle to grow
- Figure 9: NTT DOCOMO’s new strategy puts more emphasis on enablers
- Figure 10: DOCOMO continues to pursue the concept of a personal assistant
- Figure 11: DOCOMO is using personal data to enable new financial services
- Figure 12: Mint provides users with advice on how to manage their money
- Figure 13: Intuit sees Mint as a strategically important engagement tool
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: Advertising, alibaba, Amazon, apple, blockchain, commerce, digital, facebook, GDPR, google, Intuit, Metrics, Mint, NTT DOCOMO, people.io, personal cloud, Personal Data, Platform, Telefonica, tencent, Wibson