LPWA: Which way to go for IoT?
£1,000.00 excl VAT
The LPWA market is highly fragmented, and telcos need to decide now which LPWA technologies to provide as part of their IoT portfolio. This report examines different LPWA technologies and use-cases, providing analysis to help telcos choose which ones are right for them.
Format: PDF filePages: 29 pages Charts: 10 Author: Dean Bubley Publication Date: November 2017
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Introduction: Why is LPWA important?
- Typical LPWA / narrowband applications
- Key LPWA technologies & deployment
- Status and deployments
- LoRa / LoRaWAN
- Strategic considerations
- Multiple dimensions determine the “best” LPWA for each use
- LPWA delivery models: Service, private, solution or other?
- Spectrum considerations
- IoT developers and ecosystem
- Hybrid and multiple networks
- Conclusions and recommendations
- Vertical solutions?
Table of Figure
- Figure 1: Shared bicycles’ locks have requirements for mobility & long battery life
- Figure 2: LoRaWAN system architecture
- Figure 3: Selected NB-IoT deployments & trials
- Figure 4: Selected LTE-M deployments
- Figure 5: LoRaWAN supports multiple service/integrated deployment scenarios
- Figure 6: LoRaWAN network equipment & devices are relatively simple to buy/deploy
- Figure 7: SigFox deployment map, Q4 2017
- Figure 8: IoT connectivity is 5 (or even 10) dimensional space
- Figure 9: Examples of LTE-M service pricing models (Verizon)
- Figure 9: Key IoT network technologies, 2018-2022
- Figure 10: Many LPWA uses are unlikely to be offered by telcos end-to-end
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: connectivity, IoT, LPWA, LPWAN, M2M, NB-IoT, Sigfox