eSIM: How to break through the barriers?
£3,000.00 excl VAT
Although eSIM technology delivers seamless provisioning and greater flexibility and security – all of which are key to scaling the IoT – adoption has been slow. What should operators do to catalyse a shift towards eSIM in the 5G era?
Format: PDF filePages: 30 pages Charts: 12 Author: Saverio Romeo Publication Date: February 2021
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- What’s the problem?
- What should operators do?
- The rise of eSIMs for the IoT
- Reviewing the evolution from SIM to eSIM
- Why eSIM is essential to scale cellular IoT
- The rise of alternative technologies: iSIM and NuSIM
- The current adoption of eSIMs in IoT
- eSIM value chain: Complex and diverse
- Complexity is stifling eSIM uptake
- MNOs role in the future of eSIMs for IoT
- The adoption of eSIMs in IoT scenarios
- MNO-led eSIM and IoT ecosystems
- Conclusion: What should telcos do?
Table of Figures
- Figure 1: The evolution of SIM cards
- Figure 2: Comparative summary of eSIM, iSIM and NuSIM
- Figure 3: Launches of eSIM-based connected cars
- Figure 4: eSIM adoption by device type, 2018 and 2020 comparison
- Figure 5: eSIM compatible wearable devices
- Figure 6: Summary of eSIM adoption levels, advantages and barriers by sector
- Figure 7: Simplified eSIM deployment scenarios
- Figure 8: The eSIM lifecycle
- Figure 9: MNO centric eSIM value network
- Figure 10: Major eSIM deployments from 2016 to 2020
- Figure 11: eSIM adoption evolution, 2018 to 2023
- Figure 12: IoT secure connectivity managed service provider scenario
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: 5G, IoT, eSIM, technology