eSIM: How Much Should Operators Worry?
£1,000.00 excl VAT
The evolution of eSIMs, supporting remote provisioning of mobile operators’ profiles, could allow new IoT devices and business-models to thrive. However, the promise is countered by fears that eSIM could enable Internet companies and device manufacturers to become connectivity gatekeepers. We analyse the threats, opportunities and practicalities, and give our view of the likely outcomes.
Format: PDF filePages: 14 pages Charts: 03 Author: Dean Bubley Publication Date: November 2016
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Introduction: What is eSIM? Or RSP?
- Not a Soft-SIM, or multi-IMSI
- What do stakeholders hope to gain?
- A million practical problems So where does eSIM make sense?
- Phones or just IoT?
- Forecasts for eSIM
Table of Figure
- Figure 1: What does eSIM actually mean?
- Figure 2: eSIM standardisation & industry initiatives timeline
- Figure 3: eSIM shipment forecasts, by device category, 2016-2021
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: 4G, broadband, devices, eSIM, Internet of Things, IoT, M2M, security, SIM, technology standards