Driving sustainability in telco metro networks
£1,000.00 excl VAT
How can operators apply best practice principles from the cloud and leading operators as they plan their metro network for growth?
Format: PDF filePages: 23 pages Author: Ani Keshishyan Publication Date: March 2023
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Common practice: Where are metro network operators focusing their sustainability efforts?
- Best practice: Applying cloud principles to metro networks
- Next practice: What future measures need to be incorporated into current thinking?
- Recommendations for operators: Identifying the right tools and methodologies
Table of Figures
- Figure 1: Recommendations for operators
- Figure 2: Classification of greenhouse gas emissions reporting
- Figure 3: Three types of operator strategies for sustainability
- Figure 4: Network and service convergence with network slicing
- Figure 5: Future-proof design for longer hardware cycles
- Figure 6: Modular network design for longer hardware cycles
- Figure 7: Estimated yearly reduction in CO2 emissions (for one SP) from field interventions
- Figure 8: Local edge workloads can reduce traffic to the core
- Figure 9: Spine and leaf architectures can provide greater network resilience
- Figure 10: Scope 3 emissions need to become more granular
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: AI, automation, Best practice, Cloud, Cloud Computing, cloud metro, fibre, GHG emissions, KPIs, metro network, net-zero, scope 1, scope 2