Cloud gaming: What is the telco play?
£1,000.00 excl VAT
This report explores how the cloud gaming market is likely to evolve and what this means for telcos. Beyond providing better connectivity through 5G and edge computing, there are several ways in which telcos can add value to the cloud gaming ecosystem.
Note: that the PowerPoint dataset is not included with this product. To purchase access to this dataset get in touch at email@example.com
Format: PDF filePages: 25 pages Charts: 06 Author: Nikolai Siersted Publication Date: April 2020
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Cloud gaming: a complicated ecosystem
- The battle of the business models
- The economics of cloud gaming and pricing models
- Content offering will trump price
- Cloud gaming is well positioned for casual gamers
- The future cloud gaming landscape
- 5G and fixed wireless
- The role of edge computing
- How and where can telcos add value?
Table of Figures
- Figure 1: Different types of cloud gaming
- Figure 2: The impact of cloud gaming on the value chain
- Figure 3: Shadow’s pricing tiers
- Figure 4: 5G can help bring new games to casual gamers
- Figure 5: Casual and regular players to drive development of the cloud gaming market
- Figure 6: Telecoms operators’ potential value propositions across the cloud gaming value chain
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: 5G, Amazon, AT&T, Business Model, Cloud, Cloud Computing, cloud gaming, consumer, Deutsche Telekom, edge, edge computing, FWA, Games, gaming, google, MEC, microsoft, Orange, Platform, Shadow, Sony, Stadia, telcos, Telefonica, video