Cloud 2.0: Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV) vs. Software Defined Networking (SDN)
£1,000.00 excl VAT
This extract from our recent Executive Briefing on Software Defined Networking (SDN), describes ‘Network Functions Virtualisation’ (NFV), the problems it solves, and how it relates to SDN. (June 2013, Foundation 2.0, Executive Briefing Service, Cloud & Enterprise ICT Stream.) Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV) Approach June 2013
Format: PDF filePages: 07 pages Charts: 03 Author: STL research team Publication Date: June 2013
Table of Contents
- Network Functions Virtualisation
- What is Network Functions Virtualisation?
- What problems does NFV solve?
- How does NFV relate to Software Defined Networking (SDN)?
- Relative benefits of NFV and SDN
- STL Partners and the Telco 2.0™ Initiative
Table of Figures
- Figure 1 – ETSI’s vision for Network Functions Virtualisation
- Figure 2 – Network Functions Virtualised and managed by SDN
- Figure 3 – Network Functions Virtualisation relationship with SDN
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: 2, Appliances, Balance, business, Cloud, Depp Packet Inspection, Disruption, Encryption, enterprise, Foundtion 2.0, Functions, Game Changer, hardware, Innovation, Load, model, network, Optimise, Performance, Routers, SDN, Service Provider, Session Border Controllers, Software Defined Networking, Strategies, Strategy, Telco, Telecoms, transformation, Vertualisation, Vitrtual, Workshops