Changing Culture: The Great Barrier
£1,000.00 excl VAT
The findings of a senior exec summit we ran last week in Asia present a fascinating snapshot of the global telecoms industry. They highlight views on the key goals of and barriers to transformation, and point to some key actions needed to move forward.
Format: PDF filePages: 26 pages Charts: 15 Author: Andrew Collinson Publication Date: December 2016
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Objectives of Transformation
- What is the outlook for growth for telcos?
- Can data growth ‘save the day’?
- Why is transformation so difficult?
- The challenge of achieving synergy with the core
- So ‘going digital’ is becoming a necessity whatever your strategy
- Opportunities for ‘Telco Cloud’ Centred Growth
- Models for how to transform
- The Publisher / Utility Model
- 20 transformation metrics that matter
- Digital Maturity Model
- NFV/SDN Playbook
- Case Studies of Transformation in Practice
- Telkom Indonesia – Becoming the “King of Digital”
- Celcom Axiata – Quick ‘HITx’ to Kick-start Transformation
- Conclusion: how to change model and culture together?
- Establish transformational leadership and vision
- Empower and motivate people to unlock culture
- See success through a new lens (and new metrics)
- Re-engineer the guts of the business
Table of Figure
- Figure 1 – Transformation priorities are different for every operator
- Figure 2 – The growth performance of 68 global operator groups 2009-16
- Figure 3 – The arguments for and against broadband producing long term growth
- Figure 4 – A clear majority in the group believed broadband will not sustain long-term growth
- Figure 5 – Telco ‘digital’ plays have experienced varied success to date
- Figure 6 – Telco Cloud services by type
- Figure 7 – NTT Docomo is one leading benchmark for new revenue creation
- Figure 8 – The ‘Utility’ and ‘Publisher’ Models
- Figure 9 – A high level Digital Maturity Model
- Figure 10 – The NFV/SDN ‘Playbook’ explained
- Figure 11 – Telkom Indonesia’s ‘Digital Telco’ vision
- Figure 12 – Telkom Indonesia’s Transformation Key Success Factors and Lessons
- Figure 13 – How the HITx programme was delivered
- Figure 14 – Which area of transformation has the greatest value, and what requires the greatest effort?
- Figure 15 – A new business ‘stack’ for telcos?
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: Celcom Axiata, Culture, growth, Metrics, NFV/SDN, telco cloud, Telkom Indonesia, transformation