7 NFV Hurdles: How DTAG, NTT, Verizon, Vodafone, Swisscom and Comcast Have Tackled Them
£1,000.00 excl VAT
Our latest analysis identifies seven key barriers that have slowed NFV roll out across six operators (Deutsche Telekom, NTT, Verizon, Vodafone, Swisscom and Comcast), and the approaches being used to overcome them.
Format: PDF filePages: 24 pages Charts: 06 Author: David Martin Publication Date: May 2016
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- What’s holding back NFV?
- Operators have been laying the SDN foundations
- Operators have started from the enterprise and the cloud
- Operators are having to negotiate fundamental architectural issues as they go along
- OSS / BSS evolution and integration: Swisscom and Comcast
- Limited-scope NFV
- Skill sets and culture change
- 2015: the year the foundations of NFV were laid?
Table of Figures
- Figure 1: Moving to SDN sets the scene for NFV
- Figure 2: The new network is built out of the cloud-based SDN
- Figure 3: Multi-vendor VNF integration process for Vodafone Italy’s VoLTE deployment
- Figure 4: Collapsing classic BSS / OSS hierarchies through SDN and NFV
- Figure 5: Re-engineering the cable network
- Figure 6: The Emerging SDN-NFV Transformation Process
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: Cloud, Comcast, dtag, Future Networks, nfv, NTT, Swisscom, Verizon, virtualization, Vodafone