Digital twins: A catalyst of disruption in the Coordination Age
£1,000.00 excl VAT
An introduction to digital twins, an approach to managing assets that is gaining increasing traction across many business sectors, and that will ultimately disrupt many industry business models.
Format: PDF filePages: 22 pages Charts: 08 Author: Andrew Collinson, Darius Singh Publication Date: August 2019
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Digital twins and the Coordination Age
- What is a digital twin?
- What do digital twins do?
- How is a digital twin different from a simulation?
- Why else are digital twins exciting?
- So where is the money?
- What are the challenges?
- The evolving impact of digital twins
- Digital twins for telcos
- Potential internal applications
- Speaking customers’ language
- Telcos as providers of digital twins
- Dating services for digital twins
- Civil engineering: Making all the pieces work together in real life
Table of Figures
- Figure 1: Example of a composite digital twin
- Figure 2: A digital twin may comprise multiple sensors and sub-component models
- Figure 3: Three functions of digital twins
- Figure 4: How the impact of digital twins evolves
- Figure 5: Screenshot of TIBDO digital twins demo video
- Figure 6: A possible Internet for Things (I4T) ecosystem
- Figure 7: Iotic Labs “Lego”
- Figure 8: BAM Nuttall and Iotic’s learning camera application to monitor machines
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: business models, Coordination age, digital twins, Disruption, Innovation, IoT, telco strategy