5G and MVNOs: Slicing up the wholesale market
£1,000.00 excl VAT
The advent of 5G and network slicing offer the prospect of a shake-up of the structure of wholesale and MVNO models. What should telcos, regulators, current MVNOs and potential new MVNOs do?
Format: PDF filePages: 39 pages Charts: 06 Author: Dean Bubley Publication Date: December 2018
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Why (and where) are MVNOs important?
- Different types of MVNO
- Full and “Thick” MVNOs, MVNEs and MVNAs
- MVNO opportunities: what changes with 5G?
- Consumer MVNOs – more of the same, just faster?
- The rise of enterprise, verticals and IoT – catalysed by 5G?
- MVNOs and network slicing
- 5G challenges for MVNOs: network and business
- Technology: It’s not just 5G New Radio
- 5G New Radio
- 5G New Core and network slicing
- Devices, 5G and MVNOs
- Other technology components
- What happened with 4G’s and MVNOs?
- VoLTE was a surprising obstacle for MVNOs
- Growing interest in full MVNO models
- 5G MVNOs: Business and regulatory issues
- Cannibalisation: The elephant in the room?
- Can MNOs’ wholesale departments handle 5G?
- Can MVNOs operate network slices?
- Regulatory impacts on MVNOs with 5G
- What do enterprises and IoT players want from 5G and MVNOs?
- Hybrid MNOs / MVNOs
Table of Figures
- Figure 1: Thick vs. Thin MVNOs and resellers
- Figure 2: MVNO segments and examples
- Figure 3: 5G predicted timeline, 2018-2026
- Figure 4: 5G New Core network architecture
- Figure 5: Do MNOs need to reinvent the wholesale function?
- Figure 6: MVNO relationships are part of the future B2B/vertical service spectrum
Technologies and industry terms referenced include: 5G, enterprise, IoT, MVNA, MVNE, MVNO, Network slicing, New Radio, regulation, wholesale