We are looking for an experienced TMT analyst to produce reports, articles, market models and benchmarks for one or more of our subscription research streams. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of our research programmes, ensuring we stay ahead of client expectations and deliver compelling, forward-thinking views on key issues in the TMT sector.
You should have significant experience and interest in understanding next-generation telecoms services, as delivered by telcos and their industry partners. Ideally, we are looking for someone with experience in and a passion for one or more of: Internet of Things (IoT), edge computing, 5G and business/enterprise applications.
Senior analyst requirements
- A minimum of three years of experience as a TMT sector industry or market analyst or consultant
- Well-developed analytical skills – comfortable thinking through problems and good at structuring answers
- Excellent writing skills and demonstrated experience authoring analyst reports
- Experience developing market models, forecasts, benchmarks and/or other quantitative market analysis tools (primarily using Excel)
- Previous experience or strong interest in one of the areas of telecoms covered in STL’s research streams covering telecoms operator strategy and business models (ideal specialism outlined above)
- Client-facing experience, as this role requires close work with our sales team and eventually serving as one of the main analyst points of contact for clients subscribing to or interested in our research
- Some management experience and desire to grow in this area – the role may involve managing and developing one or more junior analysts, and external associates
- A healthy interest in promoting yourself, your research, and STL Partners – ideally with demonstrated experience or interest in using social media to engage with potential clients on your area of expertise
- A flexible, get-stuck-in attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong motivation to operate and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
Depending on our business requirements, our research team also contributes to:
- Bespoke research and strategy projects.
- Marketing and proposition projects. e.g. identifying and developing major breakthrough propositions for operators seeking to achieve future sustainable growth.
- Presenting at STL events.
What we offer
- Be a member of our fast-growing, close-knit team in Central London
- Work alongside highly experienced professionals in an open, entrepreneurial environment
- Lead and assist in producing quality analysis and reports to exacting standards and timescales
- Fast-moving yet supportive environment that offers unrivalled opportunities to take on responsibility
- The opportunity to shape the strategy and growth of our research business
- An agile and entrepreneurial environment, so this is a great opportunity for someone who wants the freedom to explore exciting new areas of the TMT industry and create new opportunities to address key problems for our clients
- Competitive salary + profit-linked bonus
- Some amount of flexible working possible
- And – although it’s a cliché – we have fun
How to apply
Email CV and covering letter to email@example.com detailing your background, motivation and availability.
The role is based in our London office.