STL Partners is a boutique research and strategy consulting firm which has been at the forefront of digital innovation in the Telecoms-Media-Technology (TMT) sector for over 15 years.
STL Partners offers telecoms operators and technology companies highly creative strategy support to help them identify and realise growth opportunities. We work across a range of technologies including 5G, edge computing, and AI, and have expertise in a number of industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, and renewable energy.
Our customers include international technology companies such as Vodafone, Microsoft, Intel and Amazon, as well as start-ups and newcomers. We are based in London and operate globally – many clients are in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
About the job
We are looking for a Sales Support Administrator to join our team. You will provide administrative support across the organisation, focusing mainly on sales, and drive operational efficiency in this growing research and consulting firm. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to grow key skills in a collaborative, supportive environment. We are an established boutique firm with a start-up feel!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the sales teams with orders and onboarding customers
- Process sales orders through our CRM and finance systems
- Work directly with clients to onboard STL Partners onto clients’ procurement systems and ensure all relevant documentation is provided to customers in a timely manner
- Work with key stakeholders internally and with clients to track and process invoices
- Support account managers with administrative tasks relating to our research clients, including setting up new subscribers, managing user access and tracking statistics on subscriber usage
- Provide point of contact for customers when account manager is unavailable
- Work closely with the leadership team to suggest improvement opportunities relating to internal policies and processes
- Take ownership of maintaining the SF system and data integrity, including assisting with data quality projects
- Support marketing team in making improvements to our marketing collateral and channels (e.g. website)
Skills and Requirements
You will play a valuable role in our team, which will be varied and busy. No day is ever the same and therefore a self-motivated, flexible individual who can use their initiative will certainly succeed within this position.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisation, project management and time management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Process and results driven
- Proactive team player with an enthusiastic manner, who takes a flexible, ‘can-do’ approach to work
- Willingness and adaptability to provide support to the team when necessary, during busy periods or times of absence
- Ability to prioritise
- Strong IT skills (particularly using Office Suite: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- (Optional) experience in an administrative role
- (Optional) experience in using CRM systems (Salesforce)
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Casual dress code
- Employee referral bonus
- Mentorship scheme
- Hybrid working environment
- Salary: £25,000-£30,000 per year
- Full-time role
- Will be expected to work at office most of the time to start with, and hybrid in the long term