STL’s internship programme offers an opportunity to gain hands-on experience working in strategy consulting at the forefront of the Telecoms-Media-Technology (TMT) sector.
As a member of the small-knit team you’ll work alongside highly experienced professionals on real projects and assist in producing quality work to exacting standards and timescales. You’ll get the chance to make a contribution from the start, with responsibilities such as gathering and analysing data; research; interacting with key clients and working on presentations. Past interns have contributed in a variety of projects, from determining the best go-to-market strategy for an online video streaming service in Saudi Arabia to assessing the demand for a sovereign Cloud for a multinational provider of communication technology and services.
We are looking for an intern to start ideally in January 2017 and the (paid) internship lasts approximately 2-3 months. Interns who demonstrate the right skills set and have the potential to develop their careers in our organisation will be considered for permanent opportunities arising over the coming 12 months.
To get a flavour of the role, here are quotes from previous interns, all of whom took up permanent consulting positions with us:
“I can only speak highly of my time spent at STL. Obtaining exposure to a range of different projects and gaining an insight into consulting from individuals at the top of their game was everything and more that I wanted from the internship. I was given a great amount of individual responsibility and felt that I was really listened to when I asked to accomplish certain goals during my time there. I would highly recommend the internship to anyone interested in research or consulting.” (LSE)
“From Day 1, the experience I gained from my internship at STL was truly insightful; I had the opportunity to interact with senior clients and participate in a variety of assignments. The global nature of the projects that STL is involved in means that you could be working with companies from the US to the Middle East to South East Asia. It’s a great environment too where colleagues are supportive and keen to make sure interns are an integral part of the team.” (LSE)
“I really enjoyed my internship at STL. The interview process was friendly and professional, and the whole team was welcoming from the day I first walked in to the office. I was able to work on a few different projects over the eight weeks, and talk to and meet with some different clients. I felt like an integral member of the team, and gained some great experience. I’d recommend STL to anyone interested in strategy consulting.” (Oxford University)
- Very strong academic background (minimum 3 A’s at A level), top-tier university (minimum 2:1 in your first degree), with a strong technical and business aptitude
- An interest in (and ideally prior work experience in) strategy consulting or research (not necessarily in telecoms but this would be preferable)
- Well-developed analytical skills – comfortable thinking through problems and good at structuring answers
- Strong motivation to operate and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Preference will be given to students wishing to develop a career in management consulting
How to apply
- Email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org