COVID-19: Figuring out the post COVID world for telecoms
Figuring out the post COVID world for telecoms
First broadcast: 1 July 2020
Following on from our well-received research and webinars on Now, next and after, and the impact of COVID on telco priorities, we discussed how the telecoms industry should move forward as the world increasingly gets to grips with the pandemic.
- Looking at the scenarios we initially laid out on whether the industry will get ‘back to normal’, find a better place, or become more fragmented
- Discussing whether and how the industry can build on the momentum it has gained in the crisis, e.g. remote working, moving online, changing faster
- Previewing some analysis we are conducting on how telcos could accelerate moves into new areas with a detailed look at opportunities in healthcare
The panel chaired by Amy Cameron, Senior Analyst, STL Partners included:
- Rainer Deutschmann, COO Dialog Axiata, who’s joined our previous webinars
- Andrew Collinson, Partner & Research Director, STL Partners, author of the research on telco priorities, and co-author of ‘Now, Next and After’
- Dean Bubley, Associate Director STL Partners and Founder Disruptive Analysis, co-author of ‘Now, Next and After’ and scenario-master
- Matt Jones, Senior Analyst, STL Partners, who’s leading the new research sizing telco opportunities healthcare
You’ll need to submit your name and email to access the recording
See our other forthcoming webinars or catch up on any you’ve missed
Dialog Axiata PLC, Group Chief Operating Officer
STL Partners, Senior Analyst
STL Partners, Research Director
Disruptive Analysis, Founder
Recent healthcare research to complement the webinar
COVID-19: Impact on telco priorities
This research is based on a survey of more than 200 respondents across operators, vendors and others in the telecoms industry, between 21st April and 8th May 2020. It covers perceptions of likely changes in telco investment priorities and activities over the next few months in 2020.
COVID-19: Now, next and after
What measures are telcos taking now to help their customers, and how should they start to re-think and re-plan future strategies in the course and aftermath of the Coronavirus pandemic? We look at impacts across the business and outline four longer-term scenarios for the industry.
How COVID-19 is changing digital health – and what it means for telcos
Adoption of telehealth has skyrocketed during the COVID-19 pandemic, as healthcare systems shifted to telephone and virtual care almost overnight in order to lower the virus transmission rate. Which changes will last for the long term and how can telcos play a role?