Summary: Cisco say Cloud will be worth $43Bn to telcos in the near future, and have realised savings of up to 40% in both Opex and Capex by transferring all of their own internal IT Services to the cloud - a good example of the Telco 2.0 innovator's principle of 'eating your own cloud-food'. Video interview with Simon Aspinall, Marketing Director Data Center, Cloud and Mobility Services, Cisco, recorded at the 10th Telco 2.0 Executive Brainstorm, Los Angeles, October 2010.
Cloud Services will also feature at Best Practice Live!, Feb 2-3 2011, and the 2011 Telco 2.0 Executive Brainstorms.
In the video, Simon:
- Outlines the potential $43Bn Cloud opportunity;
- Quantifies the baseline financial benefits to Cisco of their internal adoption of Cloud Services;
- Describes other benefits, including increased speed and agility, and how Cloud Services have transformed how Cisco do business.
See also the videos from IBM on what telcos need to do, and Oracle on the range of Cloud Services, and the Telco 2.0 Analyst Note describing our view of the Cloud Services Opportunity for telcos.
Telco 2.0 Next Steps
- To continue to analyse and refine the role of telcos in Cloud Services, and how to monetise them;
- To find and communicate new case studies and use cases in this field.