Summary: IBM say that telcos are well positioned to provide cloud services, and forecast an $89Bn opportunity over 5 years globally. Video presentation and slides (members only) including forecast, case studies, and lessons for future competitiveness.
Cloud Services will also feature at Best Practice Live!
, Feb 2-3 2011, and the 2011 Telco 2.0 Executive Brainstorms
At the 11th EMEA Telco 2.0 Brainstorm, November 2010, Craig Wilson, VP, IBM Global Telecoms Industry, said that:
- Cloud Services represent an $89Bn opportunity in 5 years;
- Telcos / Service Providers are "well positioned" to compete in Cloud Services;
- Security remains the CIO's biggest question mark, but one that telcos can help with;
- and outlined two APAC telco Cloud case studies.
Members of the Telco 2.0 Executive Briefing Service and the Cloud and Enterprise ICT Stream can also download Craig's presentation here (for membership details please see here, or to join, email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 44 207 247 5003).
See also videos by Oracle describing a range of cloud case studies, Cisco on the market opportunity and their own case study of Cloud benefits, and Telco 2.0's Analyst Note on the Cloud Opportunity.
Telco 2.0 Next Steps
- To continue to analyse and refine the role of telcos in Cloud Services, and how to monetise them;
- To find and communicate new case studies and use cases in this field.